Joanna Gaines has launched a new baking competition series called the Silos Baking Competition. We’ve gathered some details about season two of the show and it’s festive spin-off. Check them out below.
Joanna Gaines is a modern day King Midas. Everything she touches turns to gold…including her new tv show.
The Fixer Upper star and her husband Chip launched their Magnolia Network in 2021. With it came “lifestyle focused” programming that included home renovation, gardening and even cooking shows.
But, their new baking competition is what everyone is talking about. Just when we thought television couldn’t handle any more reality baking programs, Joanna proved us wrong.
In June 2022, the first episode of the Silos Baking Competition aired to record-setting ratings for the Magnolia Network. The Gaines’ flew six home bakers to Waco to prepare some of their favorite baked goods. With it came a chance to win $25,000 and have their treat featured on the Silos Baking Co. summer menu.
Judges Joanna Gaines, Zoe Francois and Andrew Zimmern indulged in everything from cupcakes to sandwich cookies to hand pies (aka picnic pies). They eventually agreed that the first Silos Baking Competition winner would be Annie Paul. The stay-at-home mom from Zeeland, Michigan, wowed them with her Summer Berry Bars. Get the recipe HERE.
After the huge success of the first Silos Baking Competition, Joanna Gaines and her team immediately started planning for more baking competition shows. Casting for the second Silos Baking Competition and a special holiday cookie competition are currently in their final stages (as of August 2022).
Details about Joanna Gaines’ Baking Competitions that we know so far:
- The one-episode holiday cookie competition will film at the end of September 2022 at the Silos in Waco. The winner of this show will take home $25,000. They will also have their festive cookie featured on the Silos Baking Co. menu during the Christmas season.
- The Silos Baking Competition is a non-holiday 6-episode series that will film at the end of September through the beginning of October. The series will feature six winners of individual competitions that will go head-to-head for the chance to win a whopping $100,000 grand prize!
- Future competition hopefuls should watch the episodes carefully and take note. They make it clear that they are looking for a baked good that will fit their existing menu. Just like every other tv show, he casting team chooses bakers weighted heavily on their personality and tv presence.
- According to the casting director, more than 1000 applications were submitted for the two upcoming competitions. 200 were asked to submit home videos. From there the potential cast was narrowed down once again. A lucky few are currently being considered for the coveted spots behind the baking benches as the production team makes their final decisions.
- Filming is open to the public. Schedule your trip to Magnolia between the end of September and second week of October and you might just get to be in the audience!
Here’s hoping the Silos Baking Competition sees success that rivals that of The Great British Baking Show, and gives us quality food tv for years to come.
Throw your hat in the ring for future Magnolia Network baking competitions! Follow Joe Town Media and Magnolia Network on Facebook and keep an eye out for casting notices.